After the shooting, we made a new Montage out of the raw footage and selected suitable sound files.
It was important for the boys to know how to animate the monster.
Video shooting day – 30.03.17
Paul picked us up at Saxion and we left to Buurserzand.
After we drove in a circle and used two navigation systems we finally arrived at Buurserzand. Because an old man stopped us from driving to the place we wanted to shoot the video, we had to walk across the country wearing all the equipment. Our shoes got wet and we were happy as we arrived a dry path (the equipment was safe).
Soon, we found our new shooting location and began to set up the equipment for the actual shoot. On the set we got creative in creating a shadow and even wind. We used an umbrella, blankets and a green screen to achieve our intended footage and most important we had a lot of fun.
We got the assignment to divide our tasks clearly. Therefore I made a list with everybody’s tasks. Now everything should be clear.
script – Lea & Melanie
storyboard – Jun
animatic – Lea & Melanie
modeling – Paul
Animation – Paul & Rob
vfx – everybody something
directing – Jun
producing – Qu
editing/montage – Lea & Melanie
sound – Lea & Melanie
We talked about our first animatic with the teacher and he told us some things which we should improve. Therefore, Jun drew a new storyboard. Lea started with the editing, while Melanie searched for suitable sounds.
We overworked it together and watched it to get a result we were happy with.
After we received the storyboard from Sohyun, Melanie started to slice the pdf into individual pictures.
Melanie also did the research about how to create animatics and we watched tutorials together. After gaining knowledge we immediately started to work on the animatic.
Lea did the editing and inserted the sound files, which Melanie selected.